Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The birth of Princeton William O'Neal

On November 31, 2009 Brian and I found out we were expecting our first child!  We felt joy, excitment and a little nervousness all in one!  We had only been trying for a baby just a few months!  I had a wonderful, healthy pregnancy Praise God what a blessing!  As our due date got closer we prepared for our son by taking childbirth classess with our doula, decorating the room, and having fun baby showers!  Now for the exciting part!  I woke up Saturday morning on July 24th around 7:00am went to the bathroom came out and told Brian "honey we're going to have a baby today!"  I still felt fine just a little cramping, I showered, did some laundry, Brian even made a frozen pizza!  We called family members to let them know today was the day! We thought we had plenty of time, as my labor progressed we called our midwife and doula.  Brian was so encouraging as he reassured me everything was going to be perfect, that God was with us and He created my body to give birth.  Our doula arrived around 10:30 where she and Brian helped coach me through contractions.  Listening to worship music I felt at peace and knew God was with me.  Around 12:00 I started feeling a lot of pressure we decided to go to the hospital, we arrived at 12:09 and at 12:49 Princeton William O'Neal was born, he was 7lbs 15 oz and 20 1/2 in long!  We were overwhelmed with joy God had blessed us with the most special gift. Welcome to the world Princeton!

The Day Before!

Princeton William O'Neal

So Sweet!


Sleepy baby


No comments:

Post a Comment